DIGISAIL / ERASMUS PARTNERSHIP EN
Consortium of partners in DigISail consists of 6 organizations – 5 representing EU Program Countries, 1 representing Non-EU Program Country (Turkey) and 1 representing Partner Country (UK).
1. Polish Yachting Association (PYA) – Poland
2. World Sailing (WS) – UK (Partner Country)
3. Swedish Sailing Federation (SSF) - Sweden
4. Turkish Sailing Federation (TSF) - Turkey
5. AZS AWFiS Gdańsk Sport Club (AZS) - Poland
6. European Network for Innovation and Knowledge (EUNIK) – The Netherlands
In the DigISail project involves the National Sailing Federations and World Sailing – International Sport Federations in the field of sailing, who will be able to support the sustainability of the project in the long run.
To provide a viewpoint of a ground level implementation of sport activities a multi-sport club with a large sailing group is a part of the consortium. This allows access to both active youths participating in sailing, but also to sailing infrastructure which is necessary for the organization of sailing promotion events.
The digisail project consortium is highly relevant to the project goals and the international and national reach of the partners is ensuring the outcomes of the project are not only reached but also can be implemented and transferred to other sport organizations in Europe and beyond.
The Polish Yachting Association (PYA) is a Polish sports association founded 96 years ago in 1925. The Association is a member organisation of the Polish Olympic Committee (PKOl), the European SailingFederation (EUROSAF), the International Sailing Federation – World Sailing (WS), the Offshore Racing Congress (ORC) and the European Boating Association (EBA). The Association’s area of activity is the territory of the Republic of Poland. Its main function is to represent Poland internationally both in the context of sports (the national players) and organisation (activists). The Association operates as a union of associations comprising a total of 810 regular and supporting members, including 36 regional sailing associations, 528 regular associations (including clubs) and more. There are many Committees and Special Interest Groups within the Association.
World Sailing is the world governing body for the sport of sailing, officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
World Sailing is responsible for:
• the promotion of the sport internationally;
• managing sailing at the Olympic and Paralympic Games;
• developing the Racing Rules of Sailing and regulations for all sailing competitions;
• the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
• the development of the sport around the world; and
• representing the sailors in all matters concerning the sport.
The Swedish Sailing federation is a non-profitable organisation established in 1905 is one of 70 special Swedish sport federation linked to the National authority Swedish Sport federation (RF) and one of 41 Olympic special federation linked to the Swedish Olympic committee (IOK). The Swedish sailing federation has approximately 98 000 individual members originated from 324 clubs, 16 districts and 66 class associations.
The Turkish Sailing Federation (Turkish: Türkiye Yelken Federasyonu) is the national governing body for the sport of sailing in Turkey, recognised by the International Sailing Federation. Turkish Sailing Federation is the National Authority for sailing sports in Turkey and has in its competence all relevant matters related to sports nationwide but also cover international contacts both worldwide and in Europe.
Turkish Sailing Federation is a member of National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee. In its capacity the federations is building the outreach of Sailing in Turkey, but also promote the sport on European and Global scale. The TSF participates in numerous projects both nationally and internationally. Cooperation and developing people in new areas such as e-sailing as well as connecting youth in other countries has been considered as an important task.
AZS AWFiS Gdańsk Sport Club (AZS) is a multisport club based in Gdansk, Poland.
The Sport Club of University Sports Association of Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport (KS AZS AWFiS) is a registered association with legal personality. The area of the Club's activity is mainly the academic and teaching community schoolchildren and people with disabilities, especially students, who are study of the Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport. KS AZS AWSFiS has four main goals of activity:
• Active participation in educational process
of the University by combining tasks of sports training with professional preparation
• Developing activities for achieving sports championship and promoting sport among students and employees of university
• Shaping and educating Club members in accordance with the traditions of University Sports Association
• Implementation of sports tasks commissioned by state authorities and local government
The European Network for Innovation and Knowledge (EUNIK) is a Foundation based in the Netherlands, but working internationally. EUNIK has been formed by higher education and R&D experts, with more than 15 years’ experience working in the international field.
The team at EUNIK has broad experience working at governmental, business, NGOs and Universities, which gives a perspective of how to approach the different goals and ways of working in those environments. With expertise in e-learning, digital change management and sport, the organization brings value to the projects it is involved in both in national and international scale.
• The design and implementation of Research & Development activities,
• The promotion and implementation of activities and actions to promote digitalisation in the field of education, culture and sport.
• To encourage international network cooperation between institutions, especially European, profit and non-profit institutions that require support for the digitalisation of their activities.
• To provide support services for the network members, associates, and stakeholders.
• To bring Educational Management and Innovation know-how to the organisations.